Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Remembrance and tribute

Apparitions

Today, the noise of traffic
reminded a screech, a crash
a death.

A life so valued
gets a chance to be recalled
in the cacophony of mindless vehicles and abusive drivers.

I curse myself
for the precious lapse
and attempt to sacred the thought.


(remembering Dearest Dinesh, a relative, a close friend who “liked to bike around Cochin 12 o clock in the night” and I on the pillion!!)

Tribu
te to Lauri Baker
Lauri
Baker came to India from England during the World War 2, and later moved to Kerala. He became immensely popular with low cost houses he designed. ‘Baker houses” were at one point quite popular among elite in kerala, many clones doing the round. I also knew few friends whose parent’s were senior bureaucrats’ preferred ‘Baker house’. It was a kind of a statement!!. I have seen Mr. Baker on many occasions’ decades back, quite a lively face.