Friday, June 26, 2009

Gone too soon…

Michael Jackson was an amazing guy, truly an international icon. A showman par excellence he was music all the way, a trend setter. This blogger came to know about him in late 80s. Probably in the contemporary world his words must been heard by more number of people around the world in the last few decades than anyone else, and yes more people copied his moonwalk than nobody else…

This blogger was appalled and angered by his doings in the later part of his life. But I guess there are many part of people they are not able to handle, it saddening to see brilliant people break like that, it got really weird. He was in public right from the tender age of 5 that must have been tough. I liked many of his songs prominent being “lets make this place a better place…”(it is a very sensitive song), “we are the world” (for Africa), “black or white”, “thriller”, “childhood” “beat it” (I recall dancing on that many times!!) and so on.

What really endeared me to him was what I watched in one of the music channel today, I haven’t listened to this song previously. It is a tribute to a beautiful boy Ryan White who died of AIDS. The song is titled “gone too soon”, I regret not listening this earlier. Michael Jackson might have sung many songs but this one has created a place for him in my heart that will remain forever intact. Despite all the blemishes he was such a wonderful guy. He should have been given a chance to redeem himself. It is an unfair death.