Thursday, June 03, 2010

What a charming movie!!

I am just out of theater watching the movie Avatar, thought of blogging about it since I have an hour to surf. What an amazing movie. It so happened that the movie was being shown at PVR Gold, now I have absolutely no idea about these classifications only when I reached the theatre (quite far from where I stay) that I came to know it is super luxury class- the ticket costing almost thousand bucks !!!. I had such a shock, it took me moments to gather my senses then evaluated my options (this is the only theater that is showing this movie and so on) and decided to shell out the money, though quite reluctantly. The theatre itself was quite an experience the kind I don’t think I will forget in a hurry. Cozy sofas that stretch all the way, waiters waiting to take order from the menu placed and so on. Man it was some other world!!.

Coming to the movie, it is a stupendous effort. How do they do it?. How do they create these amazing worlds? I think the previous movie which left me astounded was almost two decades back: The Jurassic Park, I couldn’t believe what I saw (only Steven Spielberg could make that one. Richard Attenborugh was amazing presence, I am a big admirer of David Attenborugh too- incidentally there is a new program in Discovery channel every day at 8pm that i love so much...it is nothing short of incredible), James Cameron has extended that world o so beautifully. Amazing visual kept me spell bounded, the story too had lot of contemporary relevance ('shock and awe'...yah cud see that!!). Some dialogues stand out like when she says “mother earth doesn’t take side she only balances life”. Overall I loved this movie and will cherish for a long time

I would love to see the movie again but I guess the cost factor is a dampener. I could have seen this movie earlier but one thing or other came up, also I rarely go to crowded theaters and I was into traveling and so on (not that I was busy, I rarely am busy. Love it that way)