Saturday, October 08, 2011

some people do change the world

There are some people who change the world; Steve Jobs was undoubtedly one of them. What a guy!!

Like everyone else I too have my moment (tribulation to begin with) with computers. In my final days of college I was wondering what exactly I should be doing, since most people had started to speak about future and so on. I recall sitting in the college library with a piece of paper charting my future!. And I distinctly remember crossing computer from list of future involvement. I will have nothing to do with computer. This was the time when people were rushing into computer, C+ so on were quite popular. Many of classmates were hectic about Y2K, and attended training and moved to US. I just could not get it. I somehow found sitting in front of box not to my liking, and to know that Y2K was about correcting dates didn’t excite me at all. Much later computer morphed and internet became available, for once I knew the potential of this one and latched on to it as early as 1998, when internet became affordable. Since then it’s been an amazing experience. The contribution of likes of Steve Jobs in these innovations, I gather, has been phenomenal. Of course ipad, iphone etc though exceedingly significant has not really percolated to common people’s level so far. But I am sure these will eventually (I though believe mobile phones have been the most significant innovation that has reached to the lowest level and increased comfort never conceived before).

People like Steve Jobs are rare. They change the world as we know. It’s an Apple moment. They did make our life comfortable. And we are grateful to them aren’t we?

That's a Triple WoW !!!