Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The bright new year is here.....

The year 2005 is on the way out…. Apart from other things I associate 2005 with blogs. The emergence of blogs. The blogophenomenon!!. It helped me to create a space for myself without being dependent on anyone. I also visited many blogs (if I had free access to Net I would have spend more time though) and believe me some of them are nothing short of spectacular. It’s been a learning experience for me. Out of the glare of public space there is something colossal happening down here. The world of nobody’s, a healthy respite from self seeking somebody’s (no its not about BT….no not Bt cotton nor Bt Binndi which I am told has sneaked into the market). To all the denizens of blogosphere……

I am nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there’s a pair of us-
Don’t tell
They’d advertise –you know!
(Emily Dickinson)

Blogosphere zindabad!!!.

The year 2005 was also about natural and man-made calamities (in recent times the distinction has rather thinned) as the unfolding of horrors of Tsunami, floods particularly in metro cities, hurricanes, earthquakes, bomb blasts, train accidents…..but the thing which stood out was the humanism of ordinary people –despite the onslaught of market, humanism and the values associated with it survives and perform acts where ROI is nil. They extend hand to people where there was no profit nor was it adding to GDP. In most cases there are only “losses”. Some were even maimed and killed. Saluting these unknown heroes…..

What nerve to live an year more
and ask still more, the pittance.
The spark of life burn brightest
in the darkest of places
in the bleakest of time.
Blow in the dark,
embers are lit,
souls ignite.



A very very
Happy New Year
2006