Friday, June 15, 2007

The boss is here!!!

I am into Rajnikanth movies since college days. It was quite accidental since we used to stay in a lodge next to the college and there was this guy who was a tamilian, also there was a theatre nearby which showed Tamil cinema once in a while. Also once or twice in a week there would be strike in college (during internal exams we planned the strike….one commonly used ploy was 'no water in hostel' and so orchestrated march to college corridor with buckets and mugs!!) if there was no college strike there would be hartal or protest march in the city so things got cancelled. The gist is we had lots of time and studies was last thing in mind, with many having bikes/cars we invaded beaches, Kovalam in day time and Shankumukum for late night. It used to get routine so I would move out to do something different and one involvement was catching on Tamil movie, mostly alone. It was then I got stuck to Rajnikanth movie (the theatre also showed old hit movies). Shifting to Chennai added to the flavor but what I saw in here was beyond my imagination. Frankly I never knew much about ‘fan craze’. Chennai is the place to know what Rajnikanth is all about!!. Once there was huge traffic jam as they were celebrating 'Rajni’s B’day' (thalaivar). Tamil Nadu for me was quite a different place with huge innovative hoardings. The more I spend time here the more I started understanding people. I too started looking forward to Rajnikanth movie. He is quite a stylish actor with surprisingly not much pretension, I guess that’s what makes him endearing. And yes Njan oru thavana sulurai nooru thavana sola mathiri… I think that’s a classic dialogue. Also this one I came across recently (I don’t seem to have watched that movie) njan late ayi varuthen latest ayi varuthen. When I come late I come as latest!!!!!!!!!!!!! …..of course English lack the punch. You cannot beat his style and delivery, so what may look inane comes out as spectacular and instantly applauded (applauded is an understatement here!!!).

Rajnikanth is great. Mind it!!!!...