Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sycophants as President???

Well it seems that Congress affiliated sycophants are queuing up for Raisina hill!!. President post is ceremonial but significant in many ways. Since they have somehow reached an understanding on a politician for the post it is better to focus on colossal figures outside this small coterie. Further the post is associated with elderly statesman not conniving sycophants. If the Congress cannot find a suitable candidate who is respectable and impeccable in his/her credential then I don’t see any reason why Bairon Singh Shekhawat shouldn’t be the next president. Too many lickers and positioners are doing the round in the name of secularism, the ‘third front’ should support Mr. Shekhawat who has done a decent job as VP in case better alternative is not suggested. We have had too many Congress sycophants as President, they now don’t have the majority to carry on the show, they should mend their ways. I guess the other partners in coalition should warn them of the consequences.

There are Congress leaders who are admirable like for instance Mr. Chamling of Sikkim who fits in by all means. Also understanding that President’s post (like Governors) has more to do with symbolic gesture, that is, mainstreaming or recognizing region, community and so on.


Condolences: Ramchandra Gandhi who was apart from being grandson of Mahatma Gandhi was brilliant man. Albeit I have read very few of his articles but I have listened to his speeches and boy he was brilliant. When I first saw him I hated him since he gave an impression of khadoos budda with permanent scowl on his face and quite raggy attire. Those days I would drop into IIC (Idlers Idiotic Chatting-centre) very often for listening to some talk as also sip some good free coffee (very soon I decided that I would stay in places with direct access to these talk and free food holes, in summer the AC was a huge respite. So did stay mostly 522 bus route!! It’s essentially the place were retired people spend their time catching up with things, nothing else but yes some yawn and some fart!!).

Coming to Mr. Gandhi one of the speech I recall distinctly is after the nuclear blast by India wherein he dwelled upon tantrum and tantric!!. He was an amazing speaker and although he gave an impression of aloof and laconic when he started to speak he never stopped!!!. Another speech I heard was when he inaugurated a photography exhibition also in IIC where he talked about philosophy of photography!!!. (Incidentally they also served sushi and that was the only time I had that dish…its kind of raw tasting stuff. For sometime I was wondering have they cooked or not??). Ramchandra Gandhi had an insight which I never thought could exist, he was quite original and you could feel he was passionate about what he said since it reflected deep involvement on the subject. He was amazing. I observed he interacted with very few people. I met him only at IIC and it is shocking that he died there.

plz go to my new blog. It’s about Turd’s tryst with Ramchandra Gandhi!!!. I don’t use this blog on Turd, its degrading…..