Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh not Jaipur

Jaipur is a city dear to me I have spend many of my formative years in here. It is one of the peaceful cities in the country. All the places where bomb blasts happened are so very familiar…badi chaupad, choti chaupad, chandpawl…it is disturbing. The walled city of Jaipur has not changed in many decades the streets therefore remain familiar (snap taken few years back). 60 odd people dying in series of bomb blasts in Pink city is very shocking. Many people who have died seems to be women and children. I never understand bomb blasts and what purpose it serves other than causing misery to common people. It is work of deviant minds.

What saddens further is that it is Tuesday, the city is more than alive on this day evening as people go to temples, there is rush and excitement. Tuesday is the day for praying Hanumanji, (I recall going to these temples, we had an official jeep at our disposable so we used to roam around a lot), all the kids must been as excited as I used to be, it is definitely not the moment to die. Jaipur is also the place where at one point I knew so many people, most of my classmates are settled in here, many families not from Jaipur whom I knew decided to settle here (so much so we also bought property with an intention of settling here, it is such an agreeable place with mostly helpful people). It is very sad that people of Jaipur had to go through this. Why do they kill people like this?

PS. Condolences to thousands of people dead in natural calamities in China and Burma