Thursday, May 29, 2008

Recalling Agatha Sangma !!

I came to know through the Net the other day that Agatha Sangma is elected to Lok Sabha by a huge margin. About a decade back I used to be staying in Karol Bagh apart from taking up job and dropping it as also occasionally showing my face at JNU Campus (very rarely attending classes) I was also involved in taking classes in god knows what all subjects in god knows what all places on weekends. Those days I was taking Indian Constitution for students preparing for Law in a place nearby. This kid was enrolled (I recall her since she was daughter of Mr. Sangma the former Speaker of Lok Sabha. Teaching Constitution to daughter of Speaker of Parliament of largest democracy….geeeez I have done that too. Sometimes it boggles me the kind of things I end up doing!!. Thankfully I have mellowed a lot recently), she I vaguely remember was one of those always smiling types (I guess mostly with a girl whose mother was a senior bureaucrat with Delhi government). I recall getting information regarding Meghalaya, I did visit that very year. It is gladdening that she eventually became a lawyer and now an elected MP by a huge margin. And she would definitely need lots of knowledge about Indian Constitution, hopefully she recalls the fellow always in kurta jeans!! (everybody I guess goes through kurta jeans phase!!!).

Errata in the earlier blog: The play i saw was Mudrarakshasa and not Mrichkatikam, the play was about Mauryans and Chanakya. Brilliantly done.