Monday, May 17, 2010

Condolences

Bairon Singh Shekhawat was quite a popular and respected leader, also known for his progressive interventions. At a personal level I recall bragging about having met him to kids in school. Quite saddened...

PS: quite a strange thing happened two days back, I have this breathing issue and as i got up late in the night I realized I was dreaming about meeting Mr. Shekhawat!!. (I often have dreams about childhood and spaceships...i guess that is quite common!!)

Talking about spooky happenings more than a decade back I wanted to buy Swiss knife (that multipurpose pocket knife), so I went to this exclusive shop in Connaught place. A beautiful contraption no doubt but unaffordable, disappointed I returned. Few days later I was sitting in the nearby park and lo somebody seem to have forgotten the very same Swiss knife I wanted to buy!!!. It was quite unbelievable. It is one of my favorite possessions and much used while I travel. Every time I look at it I do feel quite strange even now. I guess one of the coincidences that happen in life.