Saturday, August 28, 2021




Forgetting the dance 

I am a fish in the poisoned river
I am an insect droning the street light
I am the bird knocked out by the window strike
I am a disoriented whale stranded
I am a turtle tangled lifeless in abandoned net
I am a giraffe skinned by trophy hunters
I am the rhino calf nudging my hacked mother
I am a shark without fin sinking into the depth of ocean
I am a tiger farmed for my body parts
I am a monkey tied up for research
I am a dog with ears and tail cropped
I am a chicken dying in my own weight
I am cow impregnated for milk
I am a pig farmed for meat
I am a snake deity defanged   
I am a cheetah cub groomed as a pet  
I am a caged parrot
I am an electrocuted elephant
I am the bull in the arena
I am an orangutan clinging to the last tree
I am an owl startled by celebration
I am the heron feeding on plastic
I am caterpillar killed by pesticide
I am a plant drooping in soot
I am butterfly searching for shade
I am a tree that has come in the way of development
I am a bee who has forgotten the dance