Thursday, August 06, 2009

Tribute to Corazon Aquino…

This blogger apologizes for not putting this blog earlier, I was ill (and seems to be going through unexplained bouts of disorientation recently, it does get scary sometimes). But that shouldn’t be the reason why one shouldn’t be writing about Cory. She flashed into our life when I was in school. Immediate attraction was astounding level of corruption by Marcos, the Imelda Marcos woman I recall had almost thousand pair of shoes, I couldn’t believe that !!. It was some kind of obsession I guess, most people may have four pairs (that includes bathroom slipper and formal shoe). Corazon Aquino was fresh burst of air for coup prone Philippines, despite serious misgivings by critics she was instrumental in stabilizing the country, and remained a very popular leader till the end.