Monday, June 05, 2006

Geez how people get me wrong!!. There are lots of people who read my blog so you really don’t know what gets interpreted as what!!. The other day I had someone asking too many queries on what I write on my blog. As usual I smiled and tried to be courteous. But blogs are different ball game. Let me make one thing clear to the bloggers: I don’t explain what I write, so please caution on that. Take or leave it. I write on my blog to have space to assert myself on the issues which boggle us as also for trivia I find amusing or fancy. In short some fun some work.

I think you agree with me on the celebrity trash on Indian media particularly some “national” channel. Fortunately we have some excellent international channel as well as regional channel with no such space for pretence. They drop in to TV studios and say few lines to be some kind of activists!!. Two decades back Botox Turd went in for two days of fast for slum dwellers. Quite admirable thing to do. But the problem is that since then she been sucking on it. That is the problem when they get old: Just suckers. Some of them even come and say things about themselves in TV studios that may not be true, who will verify….anyway who is the bothered….. but in the process they do package themselves quite effectively. They know how to keep themselves ballooned, even a small thing they do is world saving!!. Its about event management and sales pitch!!. Presto saviors are here. For people like Crude woman seen with legends like Lekshmi Sehgal is enough, next she would be hanging upside down in profitmonger's backyard with utmost ease. Now thats diplomacy. Hey i need some personal space.....surely stinking!!!.

And in places like delhi there is a huge manipulation game going on to get the attention of whichever party is ruling in the centre. Apart from some small time politicians and others there is this huge grant and perks hanging in the name of culture, which is where the stampede is. Being in delhi these are few lick away. So presto suddenly we are national figures!!. Arpana Cour babe, whom I referred to in the earlier blog was just an example I have first hand information on. There is another example I have on this. An arti club that goes by the name of “Sanskriti Kendra” in delhi (on Gurgaon highway, a kind of outhouse but the name 'Sanskriti' does make it exotic!) run with a specific intention of major lick (I wouldn’t be surprised if there is any tax saving involved). There is an interesting incident I have to tell. In Delhi particularly the so called “national” elite circle (once you got the tag of national it is easy to fly over regional nests) they have this strange habit of asking the first question as : where do you stay?!!. They don’t even ask what is your name or what you do or atleast keep shut. In the beginning I was confused as to why where I stay is so important a question as to be asked without even knowing me. I thought it was probably they wanted to make me comfortable. A way to relax the scene or feel home. But when I saw this pattern repeated many times with me I became inquisitive. I had my own doubts. Things began to clear when I read this article in Lonely Planet book (or was it some other foreign book on India?) where they have devoted a complete column on this peculiar behavior of uncouth delhi elite. The article says that the people in delhi even sound the name of the place they stay as to feel foreign like Noida as Nevada!!!.


The reason they ask this question to an acquaintance is to asses his worth, from the location of house thus making it easy to classify and making the decision as to the need for any interaction!!. I visited Sanskriti Kendra since I knew some Australian artists who had come to India and were staying there ( I am not able to recall the name of couple whom I became friendly with, Michael? Paul??. But they were nice and mannered people, a refreshing change in delhi!!). I told them about this behavior of elite in here particularly of culture types. This artist from Australia, a gentleman to core couldn’t believe it. I took the Photostat of the column I read and send it across to him. He still didn’t believe…well decent people not aware of the tricks of dilli arti-culture circle will never get it. It is so sophisticated and subtle!!!. I told him I will prove it. So I went to a party at Sanskriti Kendra with this couple. The artist from Australia was standing next to me with an amused smile when Jain Boy (who runs the arti show) asked the first question on shaking my hand “where do you stay?”. I said “madangir”. And felt my hand dropped like huge stone and his eyes turned permanently away from me!!. I don’t blame him; Jainboy’s expectations were quite high since I was with an Australian!!.


So a seat in Rajya Sabha or a Padma Award or some government money (for event essentially to promote themselves as also PR) or some position of power is where the craving is. So heres is we fun always so is we- bad grammar again!!!.

PS. 
No seat for ZK in Rajya Sabha......Tch Tch...efforts gone waste. How will we justify living now??.